COFFEE & HOMEMADE DONUTS @ LISA’S HOUSE: Friday, November 29 from 9a-11a. Join us for our annual post-Thanksgiving party.
SATURDAY DECEMBER 14: El Harissa Cafe chefs serving N African inspired specials at Selma Cafe. Join us at Sunward Cohousing!
LATEST NEWS: Next Selma Cafe breakfast: Saturday, September 14, from 9a-noon at Sunward Cohousing with guest chef Tammy Coxen of Tammy’s Tastings, and with help from Dan Friedus.
UPDATE: Selma Cafe is now a formal 501c3 non-profit.
Selma Cafe hosts a completely volunteer local-foods breakfast party, offering a gathering place for friends and community to imagine and create a new vital and sustainable regional food economy. Selma Cafe is:
- A hub, a center, a heart of the many ongoing efforts to improve our lives through community building, free access to affordable, healthy foods and the fostering of right-livelihood in vocations with meaning and purpose.
- A celebration of seasonal, local ingredients from the abundance of what our region has to offer.
- An inclusive community, building the next stage of our local-foods infrastructure founded on the principals of openness, transparency and joy. We seek your help in building the tools and organizational structure to maintain these foundational principles.
- A source of funding for building new local-foods infrastructure through loans for hoop houses, affiliations with other community non-profits, and support for the Tilian Farm Development Center.
- Selma Cafe has 501c3 formal non-profit status.
- Selma Cafe offers Saturday breakfast monthly; future dates are October 12, November 9, December 14, and January 11.
- Suggested donation for breakfast is $12-$15; volunteer for a two hour Saturday shift at Selma Cafe, and breakfast is on us!