Selma Cafe hosts a completely volunteer local-foods weekly breakfast party, offering a gathering place for friends and community to imagine and create a new vital and sustainable regional food economy – every Friday morning on the west side of Ann Arbor. Selma Cafe is:
- A hub, a center, a heart of the many ongoing efforts to improve our lives through community building, free access to affordable, healthy foods and the fostering of right-livelihood in vocations with meaning and purpose.
- A celebration of seasonal, local ingredients from the abundance of what our region has to offer.
- An inclusive community, building the next stage of our local-foods infrastructure founded on the principals of openness, transparency and joy. We seek your help in building the tools and organizational structure to maintain these foundational principles.
- A source of funding for building new local-foods infrastructure through loans for hoop houses, affiliations with other community non-profits, and support for the Tilian Farm Development Center.
- Selma Cafe has 501c3 status pending.
- Selma Cafe offers breakfast from 6:30a-9:30a each Friday morning at 722 Soule Blvd. Ann Arbor, 48103.
- Suggested donation for breakfast is $12-$15; volunteer for a two hour Friday shift at Selma Cafe, and breakfast is on us!